- clean bathroom tips
- organize your closet
- how to fix a leaky faucet
- how to keep a clean kitchen
- removing stains from your carpet
- how to coupon
- what to do when you can’t pay your bills
- see if you’re paying too much for your cell phone bill
- how to save money
- How to Balance a Check Book
- How to do Your Own Taxes
- how to take care of yourself when you’re sick
- things to bring to a doctor’s appointment
- what to expect from your first gynecologist appointment
- how to make a doctor’s appointment
- how to pick a health insurance plan
- a list of stress relievers
- how to get free therapy
- what to do if you get pulled over by a cop
- a list of hotlines in a crisis
- things to keep in your car in case of an emergency
- no-more-ramen: easy, quick, simple recipes
- recipes that take 30 minutes or less
- Yummy apple thing
- Brownie in a cup
- Cookie in a cup
- French bread pizza
- Egg tacos
- panera mac n cheese recipe
- different salad recipes
- harry potter recipes
- healthy recipes
- various cookie recipes
- chocolate cupcakes w/ eggless cookie dough topping
- s’mores pie
- nutella hot chocolate
- peanut butter nutella swirl cookies
- cookie in a mug
- starbucks holiday drinks
- fruit leathers
- brownie in a mug
- how to make ramen 1000x better
- eggless cookie dough (not to bake, just to eat)
- make recipes using things you already have
- how to put together a very fancy cheese plate
- make different flavored lemonades
- various desert recipes
- make tiny chocolate chip cookies
- 20 dishes every cook should know
- learn how to make your own tea
- Macaroni and cheese in a mug
- Study snacks (2)
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipes
- what the hell is a mortgage?
- first apartment essentials checklist
- how to care for cacti and succulents
- the care and keeping of plants
- Getting an apartment
- time management
- create a resume
- find the right career
- how to pick a major
- how to interview for a job
- How to write cover letters
- ULTIMATE PACKING LIST
- Traveling for Cheap
- Travel Accessories
- The Best Way to Pack a Suitcase
- How To Read A Map
- How to Apply For A Passport
- How to Make A Travel Budget
A full moon and a fully destroyed house! I was in the kitchen making salad for the 14th day of Ramadan iftar, suddenly I heard my mum and my little brother shouting ”clear the house now they are going to destroy our neighbor’s house” which is less than 10 meters away of our building.
There was no time to gasp the shock so I rushed to change my clothes, took my emergency back bag and ran down stairs and all my family members did the same.
All the 17 of us rushed to my uncle house which is about 50 meters away of our house.
I was by the door when the first rocket hit the house, but I kept going, there was a gap of 2 minutes between the first and second dozon’s rocket but those 2 minutes felt like 20 minutes, among us were 8 kids and they were extremely terrified of the sound, they were blocking their ears saying we don’t want to hear it. We tried to comfort them but it was nearly impossible.
Then the F16 came and destroyed the 3-floors building, I couldn’t catch my breath like if there was no air around, my heart was beating so fast that it ached me, but it was less painful than the fact that now 4 families become houseless!
Thank God there was no causalities. However, all the near houses had some damages but it’s okay.
They told us it’s okay to go back but I was already there checking the damages, it was so heartbreaking, they spend years to build it and in a click of button it turned to piles of stones. All the neighborhood was black and gray , full of the destruction pieces and smelled awful that you can barely breath.
After 15 minutes of destroying the house, there was a bulldozer opening the street, there were some policemen to keep people away of the site in case if they Israeli air-force targeted it again.
Everyone in the neighborhood started cleaning, the sounds of shoveled glass were really loud pointing to the size of damages.
I didn’t hear any ”WHY”, all I heard was ”do you need a hand!, are you okay?, any serious damages?”
I stared at the moon thinking of how wonderful we gazain are, we are like the phoenix, we come back to life from our ashes, nothing can breaks us down because we have strong faith. Everything looks achingly idyllic in the moon light.
Moving on in a few minutes is something you will never learn outside Gaza, as long as we are alive we will rebuild everything. We always can start over again, we know how to stand up again in a very short time.
This scenario is happening every minute in different areas, with different people. If you haven’t heard about it in your media, it doesn’t mean it’s not happening.
May Allah make us as strong as the Palestinians
"We are like the phoenix, we come back to life from our ashes, nothing can break us down because we have strong faith." Beautiful words from beautiful souls, mashaAllah :’) Indeed, when Allah is with us, nothing can break us down. You’ve no idea how much your strength has inspired us to become stronger too.. May Allah grant you beautiful souls the best place in Jannah, aameen ya rabb!
^ truly. Ameeen.